About this website and associated systems
- This is a website and learning management system (LMS) operated by ServeWell (of The Canadian Institute of Food Safety) under the domain “http://www.servewell.ca” (hereinafter referred to as the “website”) identified by the page local to the website set up to provide access to the website (hereinafter referred to as the “home page”) addressed at http://www.servewell.ca/
- Certain actions, payment or agreement on your part may mean that such services are additional to the normal terms and are subject to a separate agreement. When this happens you shall be offered additional terms through a hyperlink associated with these additional services. Since you are also bound by these additional terms, you should review them wherever they are offered to you.
- ServeWell grants you a limited, personal, non-transferable, non-sub-licensable, revocable licence to:
- access and use the website, LMS, content and services only; and
- access and use the website, LMS, content and services in the manner presented by ServeWell only.
- None of the content and/or information may be reverse-engineered, modified, reproduced, republished, translated into any other language or computer language, re-transmitted in any form or by any means, resold or redistributed without the prior written consent of ServeWell. You may not make, sell, offer for sale, modify, reproduce, display, publicly perform, import, distribute, retransmit or otherwise use the content in any way unless expressly permitted to do so by ServeWell.
Modifications to the terms
Modification to the information
- While ServeWell has made every effort to ensure that information on the website and LMS is free from error, ServeWell does not warrant the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of the material on these systems. All information may be changed, supplemented, deleted or updated without notice at the sole discretion of ServeWell. ServeWell recommends that you seek independent advice before acting upon material on this website and LMS.
Errors and problems
- While ServeWell has made every effort to ensure that systems and information available on the website and LMS is and shall be free from error, ServeWell does not guarantee that the website and LMS will be free from viruses, or that access to the website will be uninterrupted.
Licence and ownership
- Any and all intellectual property rights (hereinafter called ”intellectual property”) associated with the website and its material and contents including course materials accessed via the LMS (hereinafter called the “content”) are the sole property of ServeWell. The copyright for the content on this website is owned or licensed by the ServeWell and is protected by copyright and other laws in both Canada and other countries.
- Upon registering an account with ServeWell you agree to grant us permission to make reference to any customer testimonials, feedback, business and/or trading names, logos and trademarks for promotional, sales and marketing purposes.
- All custom graphics, icons, and other items that appear on the website and LMS and all associated trademarks, are trademarks of ServeWell.
- The website and LMS may contain links to third-party websites and resources (hereinafter referred to as “linked sites”). These linked sites are provided solely as a convenience to you and not as an endorsement by ServeWell of the content on such linked sites. ServeWell makes no representations or warranties regarding the correctness, accuracy, performance or quality of any content, software, service or application found at any linked site.
- To the fullest extent possible at law, ServeWell makes no warranties or representations regarding the quality, accuracy, merchantability or fitness for purpose of third party material or products or services available through linked sites; or that third party material available from a linked site does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any person. Without impacting its ability to exclude itself from such responsibilities and warranties ServeWell may receive payments and/or commissions from operators of linked sites in relation to goods or services supplied by the operator as a result of you linking to the third party website from the ServeWell website.
- ServeWell generally encourages and agrees to your linking to the Home page through a plain text link on your website without the need for agreement between yourself and ServeWell. However, linking to any other page of the website is strictly prohibited, in the absence of a separate agreement between you and ServeWell that clearly describes the rights and responsibilities of linking to other pages.
- Any website or other devices that link to the home page or any page available therein is prohibited from:
- replicating content; and/or
- using a browser or border environment around the content; and/or
- implying in any fashion that ServeWell is endorsing it or its products; and/or
- misrepresenting any state of facts, including its relationship with ServeWell; and/or
- presenting false information about ServeWell products or services; and/or
- using the ServeWell logo(s) or trademark(s) without express written permission from ServeWell.
- While not refusing to accept ideas from you regarding information available on the website (hereinafter called “comments”) ServeWell does not encourage you to make such comments. If you do send such comments, you acknowledge that:
- They will not be considered confidential or proprietary, and
- ServeWell is under no obligation to keep such information confidential, and
- ServeWell will have an unrestricted, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free right to use, communicate, reproduce, publish, display, distribute and exploit such comments in any manner it chooses.
Disclaimer of warranties
- To the fullest extent permitted by law ServeWell makes no representations or warranties about the accuracy, completeness, security or timeliness of the content, information or services provided by the website and disclaims all warranties, either express or implied, statutory or otherwise, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, non-infringement of third parties’ rights, and fitness for a particular purpose.
Limitation of liability
- To the fullest extent permitted by law and to the extent that ServeWell otherwise found responsible for any damages, ServeWell is responsible for actual damages only. In no event shall ServeWell be liable for any incidental, indirect, exemplary, punitive and/or consequential damages, lost profits, or damages resulting from lost data or business interruption resulting from the use of or inability to use the website and/or LMS.
- Unless expressly agreed otherwise:
- the Canadian section is provided for use only by Canadian residents. The law applicable to use of the Canadian section and to disputes arising out of the Canadian section is the law of British Columbia; and
- the International Section is provided for use by residents of any country in the world, but to the fullest extent permitted by law the law applicable to use of the International Section and to disputes arising out of the International Section is the law of British Columbia, Canada.
- Questions or comments regarding the website or LMS may be submitted in writing through our ‘Contact Us’ page.